Hello Julien,

Julien Cristau [2010-01-19 22:43 +0100]:
> It looks like this because I changed it after people started reporting
> this problem, and ubuntu synced it :)
> See
> http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-xorg/driver/xserver-xorg-input-evdev.git;a=commitdiff;h=d293b7ae066ab55540809b99ba770174dfca3bc7

Ah, splendid. Seems you're way ahead of me :)

> > ? If so, my recommendation would be to drop this. We don't need X.org
> > to listen to obscure devices like your accelerometer or headphone
> > jacks. Button-type devices like lids are already covered by
> > ID_INPUT_KEY (which is not the same as _KEYBOARD, NB).
> >
> Hrm.  This means with inputclasses we'll need one inputclass section for
> each device type.  Or tag the devices we don't want to handle somehow in
> the udev db.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand this. AFAIUI, the input classes
will look directly at the udev properties, and the x11_* properties
will be dropped completely. But Peter's proposal [1] already has
MatchIsKeyboard, MatchIsPointer, MatchIsJoystick, and the like. So am
I missing something, and this isn't enough for some reason?

(For this particular bug we should probably not do the
"evdev-catchall" thing, though.)

Thanks,

Martin

[1] http://who-t.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-configuration-world-order.html