On 2010-03-28 19:57 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 19:25:43 +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
>
>> The decision to put the snapshot-date file into the upstream-ubuntu
>> branch is not exactly stellar either, I would like to keep this and
>> other generated files out of the upstream-experimental branch (undoing
>> the merge with the upstream-ubuntu branch).
>>
> ack.

I have now redone the work, pulling directly from upstream into the
upstream-experimental branch.  Since we need to make a new tarball
anyway to include the ChangeLog file, and the (few) commits since the
Ubuntu checkout seem rather safe, I pulled everything up to commit
7858345b.  The following one (e2146d3b, "Fix for the latest
nouveau_class.h.") would break with our libdrm, AFAICS.

Also, xsfbs is merged from git://git.debian.org/pkg-xorg/xsfbs.

> for all other X drivers we ship the pristine tarball, but delete the
> generated files on clean and run autoreconf on build.  For nouveau you
> could do something similar I think.  Could the get-orig-source target be
> a simple invocation of git archive, until the driver gets a real
> release?

It's not quite as simple since we want the ChangeLog file included, but
I edited debian/rules to run autoreconf at build time rather than in the
get-orig-source target.

Sven