Package: x11-common
Version: 1:7.5+6
Severity: important
File: x11

Keyboard focus is disconnected from the active window in a number of
circumstances.  The easiest way to recreate the problem is by opening
gnome-terminal, opening a second tab then typing exit.  You will not be able
to type into the window in the remaining tab.  Right-clicking, then
left-clicking returns the keyboard focus to the window.

It doesn't appear to be a desktop issue, as I can recreate it both in fluxbox
and gnome.  The problem renders eclipse nearly unusable, as the keyboard
focus is taken away from the editor every time an auto-completion or hover
information window is shown (and the same trick needed to return it).

I usually use click-to focus, but I've also tried different focus models with
the same behavior.

I'm sorry if this isn't the right package to file this against, but it's
the only common factor that I can see in a problem which spans desktops and
applications.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: squeeze/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-3-686-bigmem (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages x11-common depends on:
ii debconf [debconf-2.0] 1.5.32 Debian configuration management sy ii debianutils 3.2.3 Miscellaneous utilities specific t ii lsb-base 3.2-23.1 Linux Standard Base 3.2 init scrip

x11-common recommends no packages.

x11-common suggests no packages.

-- debconf information:
  x11-common/xwrapper/allowed_users: Console Users Only
  x11-common/xwrapper/actual_allowed_users: console