On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 03:30:06PM +0000, Dieter Scheinkönig wrote:
> Hi Yves-Alexis,
>
> I do not have a .xsession or .Xsession in my home directory.

Ok

> So, I’m using the default. I’m not in front of my computer right now, so I
> would send it later from /etc/X11.

Please especially send the .xsession-errors log (check for personal
information first though). /etc/X11/Xsession sources various files from
/etc/X11/Xsession.d and the session selection (if not selected in the
greeter)  should be done from
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/50x11-common_determine-startup

> As mentioned, the difference between using the login between Debian 11 and 12
> is, before the selection of respective xsession (xfce, kde, gnome) did stay
> after restart. Now it’s not the case anymore.

Sorry but it's not at all clear what you mean here: are you using the
*default* session, or are you choosing a session in the greeter and it's
not actually selected? In the lightdm log you sent, you were using the
default session.

> I’m happy to do the necessary configuration, however I do not know where to
> search for. A “find” in /etc did not give me any result.
>
> In case it would be a bug, you would transfer to the artic maintainer?

I don't think so, again it doesn't look like a but in the greeter.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis Perez