On Monday 04 June 2007 16:45, Jay Rifkin wrote:
> Hi Jan -
> If you have write access to the "require"d file, you can try setting a
> breakpoint in it, via setting:
> $DB::single = 1

Good idea.

Without modifying the source code you could try setting a breakpoint on a
subroutine:

        b foo::mysubname

You could also use a watch variable, if you have a suitable variable available
in the file you wish to debug, something like this perhaps:

        w $foo::myvarname

> I am now considering throwing away perl5db.pl or rewriting significant
> portions of it.

Before you try rewriting the debugger from scratch, you might like to look at
the output of the help for breakpoints, which you can access from within the
debugger like this:

        h b

As you might expect, TMTOWTDI.

--