Instead of going through all of that, you can just delete the root zone
indicated with a "." and Win2K will start using the root servers as it
already has them configured.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Mark Smith
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 9:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Reverse DNS

FWIW,
If that server is W2k and DNS was configured without an active Internet
connection, then DNS will not download the root servers and nothing will
work.

You might want to try un-installing the W2k DNS service and
re-installing with an active Internet Connection.

site at http://www.declude.com .

site at http://www.declude.com .