-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of R. Scott Perry
Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2002 7:33 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Declude JunkMail v1.54 (beta) released

>Hmmm, I just noticed that v1.53 also runs all test on the whitelisted IP
and
>hostname of the mail server listed below.  Does whitelisting mean that the
>tests will not be run, or rather that the tests will still be run against
>whitelisted items but not applied?

The whitelisting was originally set up as a way to clear any tests that the
E-mail had failed, rather than to prevent the tests from being run.  When
it was originally added, it was assumed that it would only be used for rare
cases (and it really is best to only use it in rare cases).  However, in
practice, it seems that a lot of people use it as a way of handling false
positives (often having dozens or even over 100 whitelist entries, and then
complaining that no spam gets caught because they have "WHITELIST FROM
mail.com"...).

Anyways, it would be more efficient to do the whitelisting before the tests
are run, so we are going to see what that would require, and whether or not
it would be feasible.

site at http://www.declude.com .

site at http://www.declude.com .