>Can we put comments in the filter file using a # and, if so, can they
>also be in-line, following a filter line?

You can have a comment on a line by itself, such as:

# The next line was added for some special reason

But, you can not have a comment in the middle of the line.

>Will the filter which cause the failure be reported in the log file?

Yes.  The warning message (which will appear in the logs) has the test name
and the line number where the test failed.

site at http://www.declude.com .