>It is my understanding that the only file needed in these subs is the
>$default$.junkmail file.

That is correct (other files would only be needed for per-user configurations).

>Am I right in assuming the global.cfg and wordfilter.txt files are only
>good at the declude folder level???

Declude doesn't have a wordfilter.txt file.  If that is part of the
fromfile/ipfile/filter test types, it would NOT work in one of those
folders.  It would need to go in the \IMail\Declude directory.

The global.cfg file also only belongs in the \IMail\Declude directory.

>I read through the manual and it doesn't even mention the wordfilter.txt file!

<G>  Several people have referred to the new (beta) "filter" feature as
"wordfilter".  Only "filter" (the test type) is something that Declude
knows about.  "wordfilter" or "wordfilter.txt" may be test names or files
used by tests that some Declude JunkMail users have added.

site at http://www.declude.com .