happen after all], so I'm making bad decisions.

I could send the headers, but here are two lines from the declude log that
are more to the point:

07/11/2002 20:44:50 Q2676128 DSBL:4 SPAMCOP:8 BADHEADERS:8 FOREIGN:3
SNIFFER:11 MYFILTER:15 .  Total weight = 49
07/11/2002 20:44:50 Q2676128 This E-mail was whitelisted - automatically
passing all spam tests

And of course, I had my own domain whitelisted and the $domain business made
it look like my domain. Now I need to go browse the archives and reread the
posts from earlier in the week that I just skimmed that discussed this very
issue.

I'll shut up now.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of R. Scott Perry
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 9:19 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] I spammed myself again!

>I thought I had a handle on all this, but this message from Timothy got
>snagged by my MYFILTER filter test, which is looking for "Saf-E Mail" in
the
>body and applying punitive weights

That's one of the major disadvantages to filtering -- you often can't
receive E-mail referring to the E-mails that you are trying to block.

>but I received a message in my own
>personal Inbox overnight from Saf-E which didn't trip the word filter, or
>HELOBOGUS, or BADHEADERS, or SPAMHEADERS, or anything else. "X-Note: Tests
>failed: None." How frustrating.

Well a generic spam won't necessarily trigger the BADHEADERS or SPAMHEADERS
tests.  If you post the full headers of the E-mail, I could give you an
idea of what tests it should have failed.

site at http://www.declude.com .

site at http://www.declude.com .