Hello Scott,

> For this, you should upgrade ASPMail to the latest version
> (or ask them what the good reason is for not having the Message-ID:
header).
it is the latest version ;-/ I'll try to ask them.

> Do you realize that all the servers using WTMail are sending
> mail that many  mail clients will "hide" at the bottom of the inbox,
because
> of the invalid time zone?  And that other mailservers may just delete the
> E-mail, because it is broken?
yes, I do.

> A few years ago, sending broken E-mail was OK.  However,
> given the amount of spam that exists today, sending broken E-mail is no
longer acceptable.
We _are_ migrating from WTMail to ASPMail, but this will take some more time
(I _hope_ we will finish this year :-)

> Note that there is a "LOOSENSPAMHEADERS ON" option you can
> use to get the SPAMHEADERS test not to check for the Message-ID: header.
> However, this will only prevent the E-mail from failing the test on your
> server, not other servers.  :)
does IMail/Declude "give" the mail a valid Message-ID?
We sent all mail from our Webservers to IMail, to avoid the Webservers
sending mail to the world.
IMail send's it to the world.

> Whitelisting your webservers will make it look like the
> problem is fixed on your end, but if the mail gets sent out to other
servers (and
> isn't just internal mail), then the mail may still get caught on other
systems.
ok, I understand this for the broken timezone, but for the message-ID? I
thought IMail would add it?

> Note that a *lot* of mail generated by webservers fails the
> SPAMHEADERS test (whereas almost no mail from mail clients will fail the
test).
ok, so I'm not the only one. I'm beginning to feel better ;-)

Alex