on 9/25/02 9:31 AM, Scott MacLean wrote:

> That's what I suspected. Has anyone seen HTML Base64 segments that *weren't*
> spam?

Yes. A few at first but more are appearing now.

> Are there any email clients that actually put out such a thing?

Every message my brother's in-laws send to their daughter (his wife) are in
Base64 for some reason. They are using Outlook Express. I have also seen 5
other addresses who's messages are always in Base64 for some reason.

The only reliable way to use the Base64 test is with a weighting system and
hope the message fails some other tests also.

I asked Scott if he was going to combine the Base64 test and the Filter test
so that we could scan for our own catch phrases in Base64 messages like we
can in plain text messages. I was told no.

Later,
Greg