David,

Thursday, November 28, 2002 you wrote:
> I have added MYFILTER   WARN to $default$.junkmail.txt and removed the
> double quotes around the text file leaving
> MYFILTER        filter          c:\imail\declude\myfilter.txt x 0 0

  The format appears to be correct.

> I'm sent a few more test emails and the MYFILTER test isn't
> appearing in the headers
> I am quite puzzled.

  1) filters are available for PRO version of DECLUDE only -
     so that might be the problem

  2) check to see if the filter is being loaded -
     look in the declude log files - if it is not being loaded you'll
     see something like
     "Could not load filter file c:\imail\declude\notthere.txt"

  3) It the filter is being loaded then there could be something wrong
     with the filter rules - you may have to turn on DEBUG logging to
     see that -  common errors include misspelling and spaces

  4) Or the filter rule may not be working on your test message as you
     expect - so you'd need to check that -

Hth -

Terry Fritts

Terry Fritts