From: Roger Heath
Sent: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 16:50:21 -0600
Subject: Re[2]: [Declude.JunkMail] OT: Dictionary Attacks

Reply to: Don Schreiner
      Re: [Declude.JunkMail] OT: Dictionary Attacks on Thursday 11:51:25 AM

>From an earlier msg:

Our  servers  are  very  stable  with  this firewall. It does not
autoblock  these  but you can manually block them. I noticed that
they  do  not  show up in the log any more, so it appears to work
fine.  I  know  you can set to autoblock select events by editing
the blackice.ini can be edited for example:

http.urllimit.count=60
http.urllimit.interval=50

will  temporarily  block  too  many  URL  requests, like web site
copying... These are the settings to block dictionary attacks. It
detects too many errors brought on by many failed logins...

[Settings]
smtp.error.count=10           ;total errors within
smtp.error.interval=120       ;this amount of time(sec)then blocked

--
Roger Heath
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

----- Copy of Original Message(s): -----