-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of R. Scott Perry
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2003 11:59 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Filter Question

>I would like to be able to filter on the domain names of mailservers in
>the chain. In this case I would like to have an entry such as
>
>WHATEVER CONTAINS .aebolts.com (Where WHATEVER is a valid filter
>screening criteria for the mailservers in the chain).  I know I can use
>HEADER for this but is there a parameter I've missed that would let me
>have these checked as JunkMail is parsing to do its thing on each of
>the hops.  I have HOPHIGH 6 in my GLOBAL.CFG.

No, there isn't any other parameter aside from HEADERS that you could
filter on in this case.  Although Declude JunkMail does look at the server
names, the only one it cares about is one corresponding to the remote
mailserver (the HELO parameter in filtering).

In this case, I would recommend using something like:

         HEADERS  5  CONTAINS  .aebolts.com (

Adding the "(" there should prevent virtually all other headers from
triggering the filter (for example, you could have "Subject: We have to do
something about these .aebolts.com E-mails!" that wouldn't get
caught).  It's not quite as accurate as it would be if there was a
parameter that just searched the server names, but it's pretty close.

http://www.mail-archive.com.