Believe it or not, I actually think I do understand what's going on with the
weighting definitions in the tests.  Like these 2 default tests from
GLOBAL.CFG...

MAILFROM        envfrom  x x 12 0
IPNOTINMX ipnotinmx x x 0 -3

The first field is the name of the test.  The second field is the type of te
st.  The third and fourth fields are placeholders so all test definitions
can have the same number of fields, i.e. 6 fields, the maxiumum length
needed for an "ip4r" type test.  The fifth field is the weight that is added
to the total weight if a particular messages fails a test and the sixth
field is the weight that is added to the total weight if a message does NOT
fail the test.
Perfect.  :)

>From what I can tell only IPNOTINMX is the only test which benefits from the
sixth field, but that's alright.  I'm sure you had your reasons for adding
it.  I'm sure future situations would arise where that might come in handy
for other existing (or yet to be defined) tests.
For a long time, no test used the sixth field -- it was originally added because it *sounded* like a good idea. Only recently was the IPNOTINMX test added, that benefited from the sixth field.