Title: Message
Scott:

You mentioned earlier that you do not think that WHITELIST HELO be something that should be used too often.  Could you please elaborate on this.  Why?

Can HELO be faked easily?

We deal with a lot with universities and government agencies as well as various clients with military emails in our engineering company. [.edu, .gov, .mil]

We had added .gov as a WHITELIST.

WHITELIST HELO .gov

of course recently we found out something that caught my eyes.  A junkmail got through with the following HELO

something.gov.something

Can the HELO have something like ENDSWITH so we can make sure this does not happen.

This can also help with big companies that one does not get spam from.

Microsoft.com, ibm.com, oracle.com, etc.

the problem with current HELO is if I do:

WHITELIST HELO .microsoft.com

It will also whitelist

.microsoft.comISNOT.biz

Of course this all depends on your answer for why do you think this is not a good idea.

Regards,
Kami