Scott, since we have been discussing optimization techniques on this list
lately, I am wondering if in that effort you can do some logging
optimization, as well.  See the attached JM log snippet and you will notice
that a single e-mail with 4 recipients gets written to the log 4 time, with
each seceding "From/To" entry adding one additional recipient e-mail
address:

This is one we've been meaning to get to for a while, we were just waiting for people to mention it. :)

We're concentrating on getting a new released version out, and then plan to tackle this.

Any reason this cannot (or should not) be reduced to just a single e-mail
entry with the "From/To" line showing all recipients?

The original purpose for the multiple lines was for cases where different recipients had different settings (which accounts for the multiple "Message OK" and "Message failed" lines). However, what we may do is change this so that one line will appear for each test that fails (which allows the reason for failure to be included), but then for each recipient, have a single line that shows each test name and the action taken. That should help condense the log file quite a bit.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you have been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.