ipswitch been meaning to add a tag in their queue file (the qxxxxx
file) where it would show if the message was a local originated,
remote originated or a remote smtp-auth originated. This way Scott
could create a test that could add a weight to any remote originated
e-mail that are NOT smtp-authenticated (local I understand should
include all the ips and ip blocks you allow to relay through the
server).

But until that happens there is no way for Scott to securely determine
if it was a local or remote originated e-mail short of digging through
the log files to see if it's a smtp-authed e-mail and check the relay
list and determine if the remote address is allowed to relay.

/ Eje

Sunday, June 22, 2003, 4:33:59 PM, you wrote:

DM> This morning I received three spam from my own email address.
DM> How about a way to tag a local user but remote origin?
DM> Doug

DM> ---
DM> [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]

DM> ---
DM> This E-mail came from the Declude.JunkMail mailing list.  To
DM> unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
DM> type "unsubscribe Declude.JunkMail".  The archives can be found
DM> at http://www.mail-archive.com.
DM> ---
DM> [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]

Best regards,
 Eje Gustafsson                       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
---
The Family Entertainment Network      http://www.fament.com
Phone : 620-231-7777                  Fax   : 620-231-4066
eBay UserID : macahan
          - Your Full Time Professionals -