The Alligate test applied 30 points to the total message weight, 20 points for failing AlligateSpam1 and 10 points for failing AlligateSpam2.  The weight that Alligate returns to Declude is how Declude determines what Alligate tests, if any, were failed and what weight to apply to failed tests.  If Alligate were to return -18 to Declude, Declude would know to apply 20 points to the total message weight for failing the AlligateAdult1 test.

HTH,

Bill
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Gable
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 12:58 PM
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] SpamManager test

It's making some sense to me now. However, I need a little more help understanding the following example in the headers of a failed message:

Are the following rules applied to the spam score of 44 or the total exit score of 53?

ALLIGATESPAM1  external >17 "D:\IMail\Alligate\NoXMail.exe"    20 0
ALLIGATESPAM2  external >39 "D:\IMail\Alligate\NoXMail.exe"    10 0
Also, if the Adult score was 18 how would Declude know the exit code was "-18" and thus trigger this rule?:

ALLIGATEADULT1  external <-17 "D:\IMail\Alligate\NoXMail.exe"    20 0

Thanks!

Mike