Title: Message
Thanks for that info Andrew, however I am looking at the task manager for my box and even 1 declude process was taking 50% then it popped up another process with 45% granted these go away when the messages are finished, however this server passes a LOT of traffic, so the number of processes for imail is default (30), I hope it wouldnt use that many for it would kill the box. I let declude run for 2 hours and my monitors reported 95-100% cpu usage consistantly.
-----Original Message-----
From: Colbeck, Andrew [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 3:56 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Declude using 50% cpu

Mark, it may be interesting for you to note that we don't set the number of instances of Declude directly.  Instead, the "max processes" limit in your IMail SMTP advanced settings is what governs the total number of IMail and declude.exe instances.

Also, an important infrastructure detail is that IMail calls one declude.exe for each message (not recipient), and declude.exe quits after it is done. Watch Task Manager for a while, sort alphabetically, and watch the number of declude.exe instances come and note that their PIDs are always changing.

When I first evaluated Declude JunkMail Pro, I had assumed it ran as a service and IMail passed it data as necessary.  This was entirely wrong, so the previous two paragraphs would have been helpful to me.  I hope they help you.

Andrew 8)