----- Original Message -----
From: "Rifat Levis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 5:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Fw: - Resolution of Suspected AUP
Violation -(INFLOW:36688) ([SpamCop id:347295673])

> ABOUT http://www.blackholes.us
>
> As long as it is not a dynamic blocking site , it does not mean anything .
> Blocking big ranges of ip address , will do a lot of harm ,if the abuse
> address of the ISP take in consideration
> every abuse report, why blocking the whole ip ranges.

Yes, but in my case I have a few ISPs like EV1, ATTBI (Comcast) and INFLOW
(I should call them SpamFlow) that ignore reports of spam. They write me
back notes about how I must have been subscribed to the mail lists or they
didn't know I didn't want their customers spam. When there are abusers like
the above 3 I flag them, and I could care less if some legit mail is held
because I use ROUTE TO to put all held mail in a mailbox of mine. I then do
a sort on subject line. I quickly remove all the obvious spam, and then I
spend 5 minutes each day quickly moving through the rest of it. Everything
in that folder that is clearly spam I submit to SpamCop.net because they are
very good at emailing the appropriate people from headers and message body
content. When I submit spam reports I have noticed EV1, ATTBI, and INFLOW
being my main abusers. Since I put in weights for those just now I have seen
much more spam caught rather than delivered to my users so the high weights
given to these ISPs was a good thing.

Speaking of your example of blocking a country... well I am giving high
weights to MALAYSIA, KOREA, and CHINA. Again... if 1000 messages are caught
as spam an I have 10 false positives it's still good to give them high
weights because those 10 FPs I will catch in my ROUTETO mailbox and deliver.
And when I do that I will look and see if there wasn't a way to give
positive points to those FPs so they would make it through the next time.

-Josh