> > > OSSRC is still in GLOBAL.CFG but it has been commented
> out and moved
> > > to the "Not Commonly Used" section.  Does anyone know why
> this was
> > > changed?  It also still seems to be a valid test and it's
> not a pay
> > > service so I don't understand the move.
>
> The reason for that is that the OSSRC test is the same as
> SPEWS, and SPEWS
> intentionally lists lots of legitimate mailservers, and makes
> it nearly
> impossible for them to get out.
>
>                                                     -Scott
----------------->

Scott,

I had a problem with SPEWS a while back. But after doing a little research
on NANAE, I realized that the SPEWS strategy is to block the spammer first.
If the ISP does not do anything about the spammer, they expand the block to
include more subnets. This usually gets the ISP's attention and they boot
the spammer. Then and only then is block is removed.

Agree with it or not, it is an effective strategy.

Best Regards,

<Sr.Consultant />
Phillip B. Holmes
Media Resolutions Inc.