FYI Andy, Netscape 7's mail program can't see your information (winmail.dat problem).

Regarding the discussion, I included several of the FIVETEN tests a few months back when I saw that Ipswitch was including them in their default configuration file (figured this would help that source's popularity and effectiveness). I've found them to be over-zealous though so I don't score them high (they have tagged this discussion group with their FIVETENSPAM test, and FIVETENSPAMSUPPORT was blocking Yahoo/SBC customers). FIVETEN has a few tests that work well with others because they apparently don't replicate blocks, but they don't hardly catch anything. The ones that score the most hits are FIVETENSPAM, FIVETENSPAMSUPPORT, and FIVETENBULK, the others are hardly a blip..

I think you can search Scott's DNS-based test page for replacements for each of the individual Osirusoft tests by searching for commonalties in the descriptions. I'm thinking that BLITZED, DSBL, SBL, MAILPOLICE, EASYNET and MONKEYPROXIES, which I am currently using, replicate most of the Osirusoft tests, so increasing the scores a little or maybe leaving them alone might be a good choice for me.

My stats from the 20th show that the OSPROXY and OSSRC Osirusoft tests were the most common flunked, but none really made big numbers, and the others hardly made an impact (less than 1%). So increasing the scores of other proxy tests by a few points might handle OSPROXY and OSSRC was noted to be very similar to SPEWS, or maybe use the FIVETEN tests that I noted above, but score low.

Matt

Andy Schmidt wrote:

Here is the replacements that I'm using (marked up red) with the results for
the last few hours:

Best Regards
Andy Schmidt

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mark Smith Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 09:44 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] OSRELAY question.

Anyone have any recommendations on what to replace:

#OSDUL          ip4r    relays.osirusoft.com            127.0.0.3
5       0
#OSFORM         ip4r    relays.osirusoft.com            127.0.0.8
5       0
#OSLIST         ip4r    relays.osirusoft.com            127.0.0.7
5       0
#OSRELAY                ip4r    relays.osirusoft.com
127.0.0.2       5       0
#OSSMART                ip4r    relays.osirusoft.com
127.0.0.5       5       0
#OSSOFT         ip4r    relays.osirusoft.com            127.0.0.6
5       0
#OSSRC          ip4r    relays.osirusoft.com            127.0.0.4
5       0

With?