We've got a customer using some sort of challenge response software that's causing massive amounts of stored mail on his hard drive. Originally the mail was being help in our queue and I told him he'd have to get rid of the software or store the mail on his computer. Now that he's switched to storing mail on his computer, the amount of stored mail is over whelming him. His complaint is he never used to get this much spam.

I demonstrated, for my own gratification, how his challenge response response software is broadcasting his e-mail address. I sent him a message using my yahoo account, about 10 of them, with a return address from my mail server that didn't exist. Then I parsed the log and sent him the results, his e-mail address showed up ten times as the send to an undeliverable address.

So, just a general question, does it appear to anyone else that the challenge/response software at the consumer level, contributes to the level of spam anyone is receiving?

Rich Griebel
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.kendra.com
Scanned for Viruses using Declude and F-Prot

--- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]