After upgrading from Declude v1.65 to v1.75 I noticed my Imail server taking quite a performance hit. After upgrading my CPU usage went from 50%-55% up to 98%-100%. Reverting back to v1.65 returned the CPU usage back to normal. I am running Imail version 7.07. The server is running NT4.0 SP 6A. The server is a dual Pentium 550 with 512k of ram and a raid 5.

Has anyone else experienced this type of performance hit? Would Upgrading to Imail Version 8 or upgrading to Windows 2000 server help?

If you were already at 50%-55%, you're close to the limits of the server.

I would recommend adding a line "DECODE OFF" to the \IMail\Declude\global.cfg file to see if that alleviates the problem (that will prevent some base64 and HTML decoding that v1.75 does, that could use some extra CPU time).

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you have been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.