I put together a filter that checks for obfuscation of URL's, IP's and text using URL encoding, HTML encoding, a mix of URL and HTML encoding, Hexadecimal encoding, and octal encoding, though the latter two are commented out due to a lack of current use by spammers. I've been careful to allow hits only on combinations of either letters and numbers or letters and numbers with HTTP address components in order to protect from false positives. The technique is probably about the most foolproof non-specific indicative indicator of spam that there is, and should prove to be more reliable than most any other test out there.

My results from a smattering of E-mail tested with this filter are as follows:

805 - Unique Messages
34 - Filter Hits (4.2%)
0 - False Positives
4 - Made a difference (would have scored within 50% of my fail weight without the test)
3 - Failed because of the test.

I'm going to attach the file to a separate posting just in case some people are already filtering for these techniques. I might suggest trying not to include the text of the filter in replies, especially in PM's direct to my account :)

Special credit goes to Dan for leading me in the direction of obfuscation.