From: "Mike K" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] OBFUSCATION filter

May want to account for foreign languages also. I just received this spam
while I was adding your URL obfuscation filter.

&#1053;&#1077;&#1076;&#1086;&#1088;&#1086;&#1075;&#1080;&#1077;
&#1079;&#1074;&#1086;&#1085;&#1082;&#1080;
&#1079;&#1072;&#1088;&#1091;&#1073;&#1077;&#1078;!

Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matthew Bramble" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 12:40 PM Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] OBFUSCATION filter

Pete,

It's not redundant because the two by themselves only check for strings
of two, while the combination checks for strings with one of each in
succession.  This way, if they go back and forth between the two, it
will get caught as long as there is a "." or "@" between them, or as
long as it is URL encoding followed by HTML encoding.  I left out the
other way around because it was only a two character string, ";%" and
wanted to protect from FP's.

I do appreciate the feedback though...I do of course make mistakes.

Matt

Pete McNeil wrote:

Matt,

It appears that your coding for a combination of http & url encoding
in urls is redundant since you capture both types individually. It's a
small optimization, but worth mentioning.

_M