To save on processing, you can do the following:

@LINKED - Chop out the ccTLD's and only leave the gTLD's (over 200 lines saved). Also, you can also shorten all of the IP w/@ strings to just two numbers (10 through 99, be sure to include 10 and remove the dots) which would save another 150 lines or so. That would leave this filter with less than 150 BODY strings instead of over 500. It would be a little more prone to FP when you shorten the number strings I would thing, but I haven't tested that.

IPLINKED - Shorten all of the IP w/@ strings to just to numbers (10 through 99, be sure to include 10 and remove the dots) which would save about 150 lines and make the file only about 100 BODY strings instead of about 250 in original format. Same issues with FP's as before as it can pick up domain names that begin with two numbers.

Both modifications should save you about 2/3 of the processing required of the full files and only moderately impact their capabilities.

Matt

John Tolmachoff (Lists) wrote:

The problem with body filters is the big performance hit the server takes in
high volumes setups.

Comments?

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner