What are others seeing that are running gateways in front of their IMail
servers?  It appears to only be happening with these bogus eBay messages,
but I don't know what it is about these particular messages that would cause
some of the headers to disappear.

This is unusual -- either Postfix isn't adding the Received: header, or it is getting stripped somehow while or after IMail receives it. But given the way that IMail works, it's very unlikely that it is being stripped after IMail receives it. That's because IMail saves the D*.SMD file by writing its Received: header, and then adding whatever comes in from the remote mailserver. So when the E-mail is later actually processed (by IMail or Declude), there is already a Received: header before the possibly stripped Received header. I'm not aware of any cases where IMail or Declude will intentionally remove a header.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask about our free 30-day evaluation.