Well that and at least 10 other filters that have been shared on this list or available at my site. It really depends on how tight you want your system of course and how much processing power you can throw at things. The recent beta functionality to limit the processing of filters helps a bunch though. Filters helped me to get my system to over 98% blocking while lowering my FP rate, and of course I'm deleting much more E-mail now that comes in well above my delete weight. I fail at 10, currently delete at 30, but 80% to 90% of the spam is scoring higher than that.

Again though, you can do up to maybe 95% with the standard version if you tweak it carefully, which is just fine for many companies. It would be nice if Scott would add REVDNS pseudo-whitelisting by points to the standard version, that's kind of basic IMO.

Matt

Jason wrote:

Ahh, but us poor folks that have the standard version are out of luck
:-(

Guess I have a good reason to upgrade now.

Jason

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matthew Bramble Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 9:17 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] SpamDomains

Jason,

I have a separate 'white' filter for that sort of thing :)

Matt

Jason Newland wrote:

I don't know how hard it would be, but what about just adding in a "pre" filter in the spamdomains test that will bypass the test. Like:

Spamdomains.txt:

[RDNS excluded from check]

ebay.com
greetingcardvendor.com

[includes] .yahoo.com @msn.com etc, etc

This would also allow us to build our list of acceptable excluded addresses together, further improving the tests accuracy.

Jason