Hello Kevin,

KB> I have been testing Kami's Nigerian filter and found that in 3 days it
KB> flagged 56 email and only caught out of 5 nigerian scam emails.

KB> I do not see this as a fault of Kami's effort but a fault of filtering. Some
KB> of the line are very common in ligitimate email. I even lowered all the
KB> weights to match our weighting scores. We will not be using it. Once I did
KB> that then the nigerian scam email did not get enough weight to be flagged
KB> properly.

KB> For the effort it is not worth the results, in my opinion.

Sniffer has a number of rules for nigerian scam email. So far we've
never had a reported false positive for one of those rules. Perhaps
the reason is that we can provide more complex filtering matching
combinations of phrases from different segments of the message.

_M
Peter G McNeil (Madscientist, CodeDweller)
President, MicroNeil Research Corporation.
Chief SortMonster, www.SortMonster.com