In internet explorer right click your link and choose "Save Target As"

Kevin Bilbee
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Doug Anderson
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 11:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] Off topic - iis, web servers and txt files

Ok, I'm running IIS 5.0 on my imail server. I've written a program to read the ldap and create a ldif file.
I put the ldif file (xxx.ldif) in a sub directory on the web server and when I put a link to it, it displays it directly in the browser.
I want it to download, not display as text.

Any ideas on how to config IIS to make it download?

P.S. Once I get this program fully functional I'll put it out on my personal web site for download if anyone wants it. It's a console app made with .net that will create: csv, ldif, alias, or list-lst/txt files from the ldap.