So we've run into one big problem with this process:

It takes a long time to process one message.  The process doesn't seem
to work from any directory except the imail spool directory (held spam
gets moved to a spam/ subdirectory of wherever the message was
originally, but legitimate email that passes WEIGHT15 (where we'd hold)
doesn't end up getting sent; Imail bounces it with a status of 2.  If I
run the script from the imail\spool directory, all is well and legit
mail goes out and spam gets held in spool\spam.

The problem is that anything in imail\spool is susceptible to being sent
out by the queue manager whenever it re-processes the spool... So I had
to abort the process after a few hundred messages to keep the queue
manager from just delivering all the mail (some largish percentage of
which is legitimate spam and shouldn't go out).

Any ideas about why the process takes so long (~20-30 seconds per
message)?  Obviously in the normal course of things we don't see any
huge delay, but we only process a few thousand messages per day (I tried
to move ~2000 Q* and D* files, presumably ~1000 messages back to
imail\spool and process them with the batch file).

Any insight?  Anyone else tried to rescan messages this way?