>> MAPS says that our new IP is not listed in DUL. Are you paying for their service?
>> If not, you should remove the test (otherwise, they might list all IPs or randomly list IPs or whatever).

This is the old EASYNET-DYNA zone that they picked up after EASYNET was no more.

Actually, DUL is the test run by MAPS. Any other test using the name "DUL" runs the risk of being sued by MAPS (that's why "DUHL" or "DYNA" is normally now used instead of "DUL").

Interestingly, DUL (MAPS) is the only one of the three that has responded so far. It was a complete waste of their time, though, since they had not listed us (our customer made a mistake) -- but it could have been avoided if they had been willing to allow www.DNSstuff.com to get the proper access to their databases.

This is by far the most complete and accurate freely available DUL list out there. I can't recall ever seeing a commercial IP on the list, but of course there are changes to IP space all the time. I've tried out something like 8 different DUL lists, but I dropped half of them because they would do things like list DSL space. I'm pretty sure that listing non-residential space isn't their goal, and a note sent to them ought to clear things up rather quickly.

This sounds like NJABL-DYNA. According to their information, they will not remove us, and I'm guessing they will not. Interestingly, though, Easynet was willing to remove our IP, back when they ran it. We'll see what they say, though.

SORBS-DUHL is another story.

According to their information, they probably won't remove us either. But, again, we'll see.

Could it be that Charter re-purposed a block to commercial class IP's, or maybe they're mixing them now??? Senderbase shows two currently active spam zombies on the same class C as your IP:

http://www.senderbase.org/search?searchString=68.186.245.0

There are 3 others that are also still listed in XBL, however no traffic is shown in the last day. That's very typical of a residential-class broadband class C to have 5 or maybe 6 zombies. Maybe they shouldn't have put your server in that block, or like I said, maybe they're mixing???

We really don't care, to be honest. :)

If there was another high speed option in this area, that would be one thing. But with no alternatives, we [1] don't need to care (since we can't just switch to another provider), and [2] can't push charter on this issue, as we can't risk them cutting our access.

Note that we *could* pull some strings in either case, and almost certainly get de-listed. But when it comes to spam databases, we refuse to do that -- if a customer of ours is in the exact same situation as us and can't get removed, we shouldn't be removed either.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.