Title: Message
Matt,

I think there is a misunderstanding (possibly on MY side).

>> DUL/DYNA/DUHL tests from hitting your own local users when they are sending E-mail (only one hop and typically dynamic/residential), Declude disables any dnsbl, ip4r or rhsbl test when they have one of those strings in the name <<

I was aware that DUL/DYNA/DUHL only checks the LAST hop (the server connnecting to you) - but doesn't check the prior hops.  The idea is, that of course, ANY valid dial-up user will eventually appear in the first hop - the one to his provider's mail server.  But a dial-up user should never be contacting YOUR mail server directly - so the LAST hop should not come from a dial-up user.

What you are saying sounds almost like the reverse?

>> I found that on locally hosted E-mail, this test would be defeated if the spammer forged a local address. <<

You mean forging an IP address?  Or forging a FROM address?  I don't believe Declude "trusts" the from address - of course it will be forged for spam!?

>> Every user on my system uses AUTH and I'm on IMail 8 so I can take advantage of WHITELIST AUTH.  The issue now is that when a spammer forges a locally hosted address in the Mail From, Declude is still disabling all dnsbl, ip4r and rhsbl tests that contain either DUL, DYNA or DUHL in the name, and this now represents a weakness instead of a benefit. <<

I use AUTH as well without problems. If you don't want the DUL/DYNA/DUHL, then why are you using those strings?

Best Regards
Andy Schmidt

H&M Systems Software, Inc.
600 East Crescent Avenue, Suite 203