----- Original Message -----
From: "R. Scott Perry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >Scott, can you tell me what might cause a situation like this where are
the
> >Declude spam tests are run, but then Declude cannot unlock the file
because
> >it has been deleted:
> >
> >06/09/2004 11:15:47 Q53c7027b03ee31a5 WARNING: Could not unlock
> >f:\IMail\spool\_53c7027b03ee31a5.~MD; it has been deleted.
> >06/09/2004 11:15:47 Q53c7027b03ee31a5 ERROR: Could not move spam to hold!
> >Code: 2 f:\IMail\spool\D53c7027b03ee31a5.SMD
>
> Are you running an external test that could be deleting the E-mail?  Do
you
> recall any changes that you made just before this started happening?

That was it.  I had an old copy of Alligate running on this test server and
its license had expired ([ERROR] - LICENSE EXPIRED) and apparently it was
deleting all mail that was sent to it by Declude instead of simply passing
it back with a 0 response code.

        *** WARNING *** WARNING *** WARNING ***

Anyone that is still running Alligate should check to see if their license
is getting close to expiring, you do not want Declude to send your e-mail to
this external test once it has expired or all e-mail will get deleted!

Thanks Scott for the tip, I just figured that all external apps would behave
nicely and not default to deleting mail if there license expired.

Bill