I use sorbs-http with a last hop and a all hop configuartion.
For June, the -ALL hit on 48 non-spam e-mails
the -LAST hit on 27 non-spam e-mails.

SORBS-HTTP-LAST         dnsbl   %IP4R%.dnsbl.sorbs.net          127.0.0.2       0
 0
SORBS-HTTP-ALL          ip4r    dnsbl.sorbs.net                 127.0.0.2       0
 0

Scott Fisher
Director of IT
Farm Progress Companies

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 06/30/04 01:41AM >>>
I have some other numbers. For example SORBS-HTTP

Yesterday it has had the correct result for 7% of the processed messages
(776 of 11161 messages)
But it has also had a positive (wrong) result for 17 legit messages. (so one
of this messages was slightly above our hold treeshould => false positive)

But SORBS-HTTP catches nearly all spam messages that has already failed
enough other tests to be hold. So it's not really usefull to have ~ 759
correct votes from SORBS-HTTP for spam messages if they have already reached
a weight above 200 % of the hold weight.

On the other side it's problemtic if from the 17 legit messages catched by
SORBS-HTTP 4 are near to or over the hold weight.

My conclusion:
SORBS-HTTP results will have no effect on the detection rate, it increases
only to posibility to have some false positives. (The results will not
change if I look for the last 2 or 4 weeks, and not only yesterday)
Also I can see nearly the same results for SORBS-SPAM (positive result in 8%
/ 23 wrong results for legit messages / 6 legit messages near the hold
weight / all other messages above 200% of the hold weight)

Attached you can see a diagramm with the variation of the final weight for
all yesterday messages failing SORBS-HTTP.

A similar diagnosis could be made for several other tests. It's only a
little bit of work and I don't know if someone counts on such reports...

Markus

  _____