-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of R. Scott Perry
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 9:44 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Question on SPF Setup. Was under You
**May** etc **May** etc

>This brings up a good point, if I client is located in another part of the
>US and we have no way to know what IP Address they might be using.  How can
>this be setup?  For example, our server has around 16 IP's, 12.177.8.48 to
>12.177.8.63, but we have clients that will not be connected within this
>range.  They might be something like 64.77.164.248 or something.

That is a good question.  The best way to look at this is ask "How does
IMail let this client send mail, while not allowing spammers to send
mail?"  The answer to that is SMTP AUTH.

If you're using a version of IMail before IMail v8, you're stuck there --
previous versions do not record in the information that Declude JunkMail
gets that SMTP AUTH was used.  In that case, you would need to be creative
(perhaps a filter that subtracts points for MAILFROM's that contain your
domain).

>Does the SPF test use the 64. address when doing the test or the mail
>server that the
>message is being sent from which would be in the IP range listed above?

It uses the IP that connects to the IMail server.  So if the user connects
directly, SPF would see the 64. address.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers
since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver
vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.