Ok, that's where I was getting confused. Didn't have the countries file, couldn't find it on the site anywhere.
----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Geiser
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 10:14 AM
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Country Configuration?

Hello, Doug,
I would recommend using the COUNTRY/COUNTRIES functionality in a filter.  Here is how I do it...

1.  Download the file, http://www.declude.com/release/179/all_list.dat, and place it in the directory that your GLOBAL.CFG file is in.

2.  Add the following...

GLOBAL.CFG
------
XINHEADER       X-Country-Chain: %COUNTRYCHAIN%
------

This will add a header in each e-mail which shows you the countries that own each IP that a message passes through.

3.  Add the following...

GLOBAL.CFG
----
FILTER-COUNTRY  filter  D:\IMail\declude\JunkMail.01.Filter.Country.txt  x 0 0
----

This will tell the GLOBAL.CFG file to use the filter file referenced above.

4.  Create a file called JunkMail.01.Filter.Country.txt and place it in the same directory as GLOBAL.CFG.

I have attached my JunkMail.01.Filter.Country.txt  file.  Keep in mind I HOLD on 100 and DELETE on 300 and that my countries are heavily scaled towards the countries that our customers receive e-mail from.

COUNTRY adds points for the last country in the chain.  COUNTRIES adds points for a country anywhere in the chain.

Let me know if it makes sense or not.

Thanks,
Dan Geiser