Hello Kevin,

KB> I do not think you have done much performace testing of XML in e loaded
KB> server environment.

Actually, Pete is the guy on this list that probably has the MOST
experience with loading and parsing files. Our 4MB sniffer rule
base loads and parses a message in less than 250ms . And that's not
even the persistent version that pre-loads the rule base and saves it
in memory.

KB> The loading of the config files from disk is minimal they should be cached
KB> due to the high frequecy of use. So 1 config file or 10 should not make much
KB> difference.

It's not the difference between 1 and 10, it's the difference between
1 and 10,000.

--
Best regards,
 David                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]