> The original poster wanted to know how to get a message rescanned
> by Declude
> (Virus and JunkMail).
>
> I just took a Eicar virus message and performed the following experiments:
>
> 1) Move the Q*.SMD and D*.SMD file to the spool directory.
>    Result:  Message delivered to my Inbox.
>
> 2) Move the Q*.SMD to overflow and the D*.SMD file to the spool directory.
>    Result:  Message delivered to my Inbox (faster).
>
> I expected case 2 to be scanned by Declude Virus and quarantined again.
> I'm assuming that it wasn't scanned by Declude JunkMail either (this is
> a harder experiment for me to perform.  I need to hold some spam for
> testing).
>
> So I think the original question is still unanswered...
>
> How do you get a message rescanned by Declude Virus and/or
> Declude JunkMail?
>
> Regards,
>
> Brad Morgan
> IT Manager
> Horizon Interactive Inc.

To answer my own question...

I held some spam so I could perform experiment 2 with a spam message instead
of a virus message and it was rescanned by Declude JunkMail after the Q*.SMD
file was placed in the spool\overflow directory.  I examined both the
dec0722.log and the vir0722.log and it does appear that the message was also
rescanned by Declude Virus.

Now to figure out why the Eicar Virus wasn't found the first time I ran this
experiment.

Regards,

Brad