Sanford Whiteman wrote:

- IMail's topmost host name on the mailbox server will _surely_ not be
example.com, so you can use this routing domain (note the double '@'):

@example.com@<server host name>

I understood the other points/issues, but not the one above. I'm not sure that matters though.

My plan is to maintain just one scanning system for the time being, and have my backup gateway set up in cold-swap mode (config dumped regularly to it, but only ORF should be used under normal circumstances). I will have to run MS SMTP/ORF on the primary as well however for the same address validation needs, and that means some extra lifting of the damn files on the same box, which isn't the most optimized solution out there, especially considering that the licensing costs are more than the hardware costs.

I like ORF because it is configurable for the result code that gets returned, and you can set up blacklists to do envelope rejection (should be reserved only for the worst offenders and nominations should not last long at all) in addition to RCPT To verification. I don't get that the folks at Ipswitch will ever provide such a thing, and if they did, they would surely mess it up.

I think I'm back to a double SMTP server/same server set up because of the third-party domains that I am scanning for. For those that don't deal with third-party domains, this seems like a workable solution for them.

Matt

If  a  server  doesn't  meet  these conditions and absolutely can't be
touched to add another host alias, it can't be used by ldap2aliases.

--Sandy

------------------------------------ Sanford Whiteman, Chief Technologist Broadleaf Systems, a division of Cypress Integrated Systems, Inc. e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

SpamAssassin plugs into Declude!
 http://www.mailmage.com/products/software/freeutils/SPAMC32/download/release/

Defuse Dictionary Attacks: Turn Exchange or IMail mailboxes into IMail Aliases!
 http://www.mailmage.com/products/software/freeutils/exchange2aliases/download/release/
 http://www.mailmage.com/products/software/freeutils/ldap2aliases/download/release/

-- ===================================================== MailPure custom filters for Declude JunkMail Pro. http://www.mailpure.com/software/ =====================================================

--- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]