Hello all,

I need some other (better) minds with this question.

I host a domain (with email) that I have whitelisted both to & from in the
global.cfg file.

The entries are:

WHITELIST TODOMAIN @domain.com
WHITELIST FROM @domain.com

I also have an IPBlacklist test as follows:

IPBlackList ipfile  D:\IMail\Declude\IPBlackList.txt x 5 0

The entry in the $default$.junkmail file is:

IPBlackList WARN

So here is the question.

If the sender is using the MS Outlook mail client to send email via a DSL
line whose IP happens to be listed in the IPBlackList file, will his email
be stopped by the IPBlacklist test even though it is Whitelisted in the
Global.cfg?

I ran a test again to see if the IPBlacklist test was really working by
reducing the weighting to 0 and indeed, it works. By using the weight of 5
in addition to other tests we use, I can also see where email will exceed
our threshold for deletion.

I seem to think that the WHITELIST commands will allow the mail to go thru
without further tests (regardless of type) being performed - hence, the
reason for WHITELISTING.

TIA for your comments.

Mike O'Brien