-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Sanford Whiteman
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2004 3:22 PM
To: Keith Johnson
Subject: Re[4]: [Declude.JunkMail] Filter file maintenance suggestion

What  type  of  CPU overhead do you experience with running SA/SPAMD
with  Declude?  I saw the tech doc and it mentioned that it takes up
20MB of memory for each config file load in serial.

Memory, shmemory. Pretty cheap stuff. :)

Are  you  aware of anyone running this on machines pulling over 200K
emails each day?

Yes,  but not on _mailbox servers_. These are dedicated relay/scanning
boxes,  purpose  built  with  RAID 0+1 and two (four w/hyperthreading)
CPUs. You have to know what you're building for.

--Sandy

------------------------------------
Sanford Whiteman, Chief Technologist
Broadleaf Systems, a division of
Cypress Integrated Systems, Inc.
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

SpamAssassin plugs into Declude!

http://www.mailmage.com/products/software/freeutils/SPAMC32/download/release
/

Defuse Dictionary Attacks: Turn Exchange or IMail mailboxes into IMail
Aliases!
  http://www.mailmage.com/products/software/freeutils/exchange2aliases/downl
oad/release/
  http://www.mailmage.com/products/software/freeutils/ldap2aliases/download/
release/

MailPure custom filters for Declude JunkMail Pro.
http://www.mailpure.com/software/