Hi,

I have one for you DNS experts out there.

We host DNS for a client that runs his own mail server, and we have received delegation from AT&T for his IP block.

I can see nothing wrong in our setup, yet some places can see the PTR record for his mail server's IP address, and some cannot. I have synchronized the name servers so they have exactly the same info.

The online Dig tool at Men and Mice shows the reverse lookup just fine, nslookup shows it also. But DNSReport.com reports that the server's address has no reverse lookup, as does DNSStuff.com

Particulars:
  mail.crofuttsmith.com, 12.20.208.99
  dns.skywaves.net

Any ideas appreciated!