I think the question was about zipping graphic files, which as a general rule, don't get much smaller after they're zipped (as compared to text files, etc.). I wasn't taking about the compression contained in a particular graphic format. I get about 15%-25% reduction zipping the "uncompressed" BMP file vs about 70% from a Word doc (using the stock Winzip settings). I should have been clearer in my first response.

Mike