Scott,

I'm personally only crediting one point for nNOLEGITCONTENT and nIPNOTINMX, the rest are in custom filters, so this hasn't seemed to cause me a noticeable issue, but it is something that I inquired about many months ago after someone else reported the issue and you indicated wasn't the case. Considering that John has come up with this again, and I couldn't quite tell the answer from your reply, it would be nice to get a clarification if you don't mind.

I think the question revolves specifically around when the negative weights for Declude's built-in tests and possibly things like fromfiles, spamdomains, and ipfiles are deducted from the weight used to calculate SKIPIFWEIGHT. If these are only deducted after the filters have run, it would be good to know so that we could increase the SKIPIFWEIGHT setting by the amount of such negative weights in order to ensure that filters were not skipped unless a certain level signifying DELETE, HOLD or ROUTETO was reached.

So could the last custom filter in the list be skipped with a weight of 25 equaling SKIPIFWEIGHT 25 then have -1 subtracted afterwards by something like nNOLEGITCONTENT so that the final score ended up being 24? If so, what types of tests will subtract the weights after all custom filters are run?

Note that I'm not requesting a change, I just want to know if I need to be increasing my SKIPIFWEIGHT values by the size of my negative weighted tests of certain types.

Thanks,

Matt

R. Scott Perry wrote:

Those using SKIPIFWEIGHT in filters take note:

I have found that nNOLEGITCONTENT and nIPNOTINMX are scored AFTER all
filters.

Scott, can the NOGEGITCONTENT and IPNOTINMX scoring occur earlier before the
filters, as expected?

No.  It isn't expected.  :)

Specifically, when the SKIPIFWEIGHT option was first added, it checked the results of all the tests. That seemed to work fine -- if a test had been run, the weight would be counted; if it hadn't been run, the weight would not be counted. That's the best you can do, if there is a chance that tests haven't been run yet.

But, if you have a test with a huge negative weight, it cause SKIPIFWEIGHT to calculate the results incorrectly if the test hadn't been run yet.

So, by design, SKIPIFWEIGHT will ignore negative weights.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.

----
This outgoing message is guaranteed to be authentic by Message Level users.
Guarantee the authenticity of your email @ http://www.messagelevel.com.

-- ===================================================== MailPure custom filters for Declude JunkMail Pro. http://www.mailpure.com/software/ =====================================================