looks like it's time to learn some VBScript.

I can see how your HELOISREVDNS works, but after toying with it a bit, I'm at a loss on how to move from two defined strings to comparing a blank space.  No biggie... I'll figure something out.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 5:15 PM
To: Declude.JunkMail@declude.com
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Filter for blank subject lines

No problem at all.  I'm guilty of much worse, besides, I responded inappropriately.

I seem to recall the ISBLANK option not working with SUBJECT.  Could be wrong though, but a test of this would seem definitive.  Make sure there are no tabs or spaces following ISBLANK, unlike other filters, this is just three columns.

If it is confirmed not to work and you know VBScript, this could be done in a few lines of code and worked into Declude as an external test like so:
1) Split on double line break
2) Check first array position (using InStr) for <CRLF>Subject: <CRLF>
3) If a match is found, return an exit code (using WScript.Quit) of 10, otherwise an exit code of 0.
See the HELOISREVDNS filter on my site for an example of a simple script and configuration that can be used in Declude as an external test.

    http://www.mailpure.com/software/decludefilters/beta/

Matt

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have pro and my filters work, yet ISBLANK, IS BLANK, IS, and IS , all pass
mail with blank subjects through.  White listing plays no part. Do you know
if that is supposed to work for sure?

Thanks.

Sorry for the vent earlier.  I got my ass chewed REAL good today because I
forget to do something.  Normally I'd catch it in my "end of the day" email
reviews... but this one had no subject, so I (accidentally?) overlooked it.
Had it carried even the vaguest of subject lines, I think it would have
caught my attention last night before I left for the day.

Anywho, I'm determined to get them to include subject lines one way or
another.  Ideally it'll be mandatory as forced by either DecludeJunkMail or
Imail.