John,

I say give them time to do it right.  Not giving things enough time previously is what has caused the present issues anyway.  No one works well under an inordinate amount of pressure.  Having had a major server crash just two weeks ago that required a complete rebuild, I know how hard this can be.  Most of us have been there.

I've moved to waiting patiently for a while after any new release of any software product that I use anyway, Declude included of course.  Even things like anti-virus program updates have caused issues in the past, and we all know about the issues with IMail.

Declude has stumbled several times since the changes took place last year, and in some respects, they have stumbled on each release.  I trust that they already got the message that this couldn't continue, and now they are dealing with how to properly implement things so that they won't have these problems in the future.  Unfortunately, but not necessarily unexpectedly, they are still grappling with all of this.

I for one would like to see a normalized process of release, minor revision, hot fix and beta utilized.  The 2.0 launch is a milestone for them, and I hope that they will work to implement this in the future.  I'm not really uptight about it lacking currently because I see the need for this as being essential to any such business, and therefore believe that it will come in due time.  We're still not quite over that hump yet however, so I'm still waiting patiently.

Matt

John Tolmachoff (Lists) wrote:
I received a phone call from Ralph at about 8:30 AM. Basically I was the
engineer to fix the problem was having car problems and on his way in. They
would call me on my cell when he came in a fixed it.

I still have not received a call or e-mail that it has been fixed.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You